+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mabuchi 540 motor

tomato53

Mabuchi 540 motor

Does anyone know weather a Mabuchi 540 motor, that is a sealed siver can, is a 25t or not because I bought a motor that said on the packet "Mabuchi 25t Motor" but on the motor itself it has a little series of numbers and letters that are identical to my other Mabuchi 540.

What I'm trying to get at is, Is a mabuchi 540 the same as a 25t
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom Massey

Guest Member Jim Spencer has a level 2 reputation
    Hi

It's been a long time since used one of these, but yes I think you can get a 25T Mabuchi, in fact if memory serves me right there are / were several different winds knocking around.

However you would perhaps be better asking this question in the 1/12 oval section, as 1/12 circuit racing doesn't use these motors.

Jim

Section Moderator Mark Stiles has a level 1 reputation Mark Stiles's Avatar
    If the motor has this stamped on the can;

MADE IN CHINA
    RS540SH
    TD079 x 22

Then it is a 22 turn mabuchi (the best you can buy for 1/12th oval racing. These motors are quicker in reverse, so connect it to your esc the wrong way. It will have a duller can than the 25T motor.

If the can is really shiny, its probably one of the 25T motors you get in a mardave kit. These aren't much cop for racing, as they're much slower than the 22T
    Yokomo - Reedy - LRP - Protoform - Horizon Hobby UK - Sanwa - Racer - RC Dynamics - SMD

Jonny_H
    What's a Tamiya 540 then?

I had it in my head it was a 30x1, but perhaps that was wrong...

Whatever, my 10L3 kicks donkey with one on small carpet tracks - about 44 mmpr on six cells!

I don't know, but on 4 cells, the mabuchi 22T motors are quicker than a 27T stock because if its lower turns.
    Yokomo - Reedy - LRP - Protoform - Horizon Hobby UK - Sanwa - Racer - RC Dynamics - SMD

tomato53

Mabuchi 540 motor

So let me get this right.

The Mabuchi 540 is ok for racing and the mardave 540 is not much cop?

tom

yep, but this is in 1/12th OVAL racing, you'll never keep up using one in 1/12th CIRCUIT!

+ Reply to Thread