+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to 12th Ride hight issues

Guest Pending cutting_edge has a level 1 reputation

New to 12th Ride hight issues

Hi all

I have bought a second hand Cyclone 12 to run on Tarmac , It went realy well first time out at the weekend But now having had time to look it over , It has 7mm rear and 6mm front ride hight !!!!!!

I presume I just need to change the rear axel holders to lower the rear end , But the front is puzzeling me , the only way i see to lower it is to move the shimms on the front King Pins ???????? is this right ? It doesn't look like the shimms on the king pins are as per the manual at the moment !!

Help please

Section Moderator Mark Stiles has a level 1 reputation Mark Stiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cutting_edge View Post
    Hi all

I have bought a second hand Cyclone 12 to run on Tarmac , It went realy well first time out at the weekend But now having had time to look it over , It has 7mm rear and 6mm front ride hight !!!!!!

I presume I just need to change the rear axel holders to lower the rear end , But the front is puzzeling me , the only way i see to lower it is to move the shimms on the front King Pins ???????? is this right ? It doesn't look like the shimms on the king pins are as per the manual at the moment !!

Help please
    You need to add shims/spacers under the front wishbones between the wishbones and the chassis. These are cheap to buy and are made by many manufacturers. I can recommend the edit ones as being good for the job.
    Yokomo - Reedy - Protoform - LRP - Sanwa - CML - Racer - Momentum RC - TQ Wire - Zen-Racing

Guest Member yinkymoka has a level 1 reputation

Front and rear ride height adjustment

You are correct in the rear just use the ride height adjusters to move axle height up and down.Also tyre size is relevant to ride height. Depending how smooth the track is 4mm would be a good starting point for all round ride height.

Front is as easy just loosen the screws holding the front bottom wish bones and put shims between chassis and wishbone. This has the effect of lowering the chassis. HTH

Guest Pending cutting_edge has a level 1 reputation
    Thanks Great Help , also I have been reading up on the setup sheets and they all seem to say posative Camber 1.5 to 2 is this right ? I would never run posative on my Touring car !!!!!!!

Section Moderator Mark Stiles has a level 1 reputation Mark Stiles's Avatar
    Nope, always run about 1.5 degrees negative camber, or adjust it so the tyres wear flat. Toe should be kept as close to parrallel as possible.
    Yokomo - Reedy - Protoform - LRP - Sanwa - CML - Racer - Momentum RC - TQ Wire - Zen-Racing

+ Reply to Thread