+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cells How Many

Joshua

Cells How Many

I am just about to start racing 1/12 scale at the Wickham club and would appreciate people`s opinions. I think they race 3 qualifiers and one final, will two 4 cell packs be enough or should I really be looking to buy 4 sets.
    I intend to race a 19 turn spec class motor until I get used to the car. ( i do race 1/10th touring cars outdoors).
    One more Qestion while its fresh in my mind If i were to buy just one modified motor what would be in your opinion a good alround choice (if there is such a thing).

thanks.

Dave.

Re:Cells How Many

3 would be better. That way 1 pack can cool down internaly before you recharge it.

Guest Member Pro_3_racer has a level 1 reputation

hey

two would do but it would be best to go for 4 sets as then it should be easyer on your cells.

as for motors i have been runing a crome mod 12*1 and corally gold 10*3 for the past 6 moths and they are exelent, 6 moths i was you are now. both motors are for sale lol

but those motors were good for me. see what other people say

Michael

RaceChat Supporter PDW has a level 1 reputation

2 packs is OK, three packs would be better, four packs is just showing off!!! ;D Go for three.

Agree with Michael on the motor choice. Also, look at the Orion ProBB low-cost modifieds if cost is an issue - I am still using mine and it is not slow, or hard to control.

1/12th is about driving skill, not equipment. Yes, you need good stuff to make the National A Final. Good driving with what, in Touring Car terms, would seem moderate equipment will always make the B final. HTH
    'Puff Daddy' races with : Team DORIS : Racer Magazine : Associated : AMC : Zen Racing :

Guest Member Oliver has a level 1 reputation

If you are doing 4 races then 3 packs of cells should be enough, then each week you can cycle through the packs you "reuse" to keep the cells in "new" condition for longer.

If I was to get a new Modified now, i would have to go for the Orion/Peak Revolution V2 series motors - purely for the lack of work you need to do to them.

In my 12th at the moment i've used a Peak Nebula and Fantom Ti, which both seem to work well too.

Oli

Joshua

thank you all for the quick replies 3 packs it is then..
    to add to the 11 (6 for club racing 5 new for the nationals) gp3300 6 cell packs i already have.... wife is going to kill me.....lol

Dave.

Section Moderator Mark Stiles has a level 1 reputation Mark Stiles's Avatar

In modified, I would recommend starting with a 12 turn. This will be good as all all round choice.

I would recommend anything by orion, or the new peak vantage motors, which are awesome!
    Yokomo - Reedy - LRP - Protoform - Horizon Hobby UK - Sanwa - Racer - RC Dynamics - SMD

+ Reply to Thread