+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3mm Ride height

Guest Member Dave Treacy has a level 1 reputation

3mm Ride height

I have taken down our 1/12th's and started dusting them off....

First up was checking the ride height rule... oh bugger, best go and get some more fronts... half my fronts fail even with the suspension set s low to the ground as posible...

Funny thing is, my 12m needs 44mm on the font to pass the £1 coin test, with 48mm or better rears. Kyle's G3 can go to 42mm front, providing the rears are at least 49mm. Go figure.

You lot had better get the £1 out and start checking, otherwise Jim is gonna have a field day in 3 weeks!

Guest Member MattW has a level 1 reputation

Re:3mm Ride height

If you want to use smaller fronts on the 12M you could use the low roll centre ball's which just lower the whole front end by about 2mm - provided they have been sorted by now.......

I got down to about 46.5 on the rear during last winter and was still ok for ride height.

Big Jimmy G

Do you guys really run as low as 3mm?

I find that if I try to run that low the car comes back coated, and I mean totally coated in black sludge from the track. I am assuming that if it is picking this up off the track it must be rubbing on the surface and so this will lower speeds and could mess up handling.....?

I have to run mine at about 4.0 - 4.5mm to keep it clean and get the best handling.

James

Guest Member KRob has a level 1 reputation

It's 3mm MINIMUM ride height to protect the track,
    I will be running my car around 4mm

Guest Member steven bough has a level 1 reputation

oh!

Guest Member gbevens has a level 1 reputation

Just been playing the the L3, I think I can can go down to 41 fronts and 45 rears (yes 45 on the back!) using the number 4 blocks down (number 4's are a special order I think, had some from a while back, can't remember getting them). Tested the car with number 1's (down) and 51R 48F and a 1mm spacer uner the front end which just cleared 5mm front and 5.2 back, I've worked it out from there but I have had some lager tonight (so don't take it as gospel). I've got some old tyres I need to strip before macc, I'll true them to the diamenters above and post the results.

Gareth

Guest Member gbevens has a level 1 reputation

Sorry forgot this bit, as Keith said, I will probobly work at 4mm. 3mm is the limit

+ Reply to Thread