+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tools

Global Moderator Mark Christopher has a level 1 reputation Mark Christopher's Avatar

Tools

ok hand tools

im a metric man, what do i need tool wise for a Calandra?
    allen and socket drivers and any one recomend a good set, but not too dear!!
    Dremel- - Xray - MBModels Leeds - RCDisco - Nova Rossi - Byron - RRCI - Enetti/Blitz - RCSuerstart- Graphics bat - RCS - MRT - Vapextech.co.uk

Big Jimmy G
    Calandra, Trinity and Associated all need the imperial drivers. Sorry.

I mainly use the 2, 3 and 5 stripe Hudy ones. I think each stripe is 1/32 of an inch (someone correct me if I am wrong). Then of course a nut driver to tighten the diff, pliers and all the other stuff a car needs.

James

Section Moderator Mark Stiles has a level 1 reputation Mark Stiles's Avatar
    If the calandra is the same as the associated, you'll need;

0.050" allen driver
    1/16" allen driver
    3/32" allen driver

3/16" nut driver
    11/32" nut driver (for diff nut, same as TC3 wheelnut)

Youll also find a decent philips screwdriver useful for the front suspension screws under the chassis.
    Yokomo - Reedy - LRP - Protoform - Horizon Hobby UK - Sanwa - Racer - RC Dynamics - SMD

Global Moderator Mark Christopher has a level 1 reputation Mark Christopher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stiles
    If the calandra is the same as the associated, you'll need;

0.050" allen driver
    1/16" allen driver
    3/32" allen driver

3/16" nut driver
    11/32" nut driver (for diff nut, same as TC3 wheelnut)

Youll also find a decent philips screwdriver useful for the front suspension screws under the chassis.
    cheers fella
    Dremel- - Xray - MBModels Leeds - RCDisco - Nova Rossi - Byron - RRCI - Enetti/Blitz - RCSuerstart- Graphics bat - RCS - MRT - Vapextech.co.uk

Guest Member ccoomes has a level 1 reputation
    Just to confirm the Sizes of allen keys required:

0.050"
    1/16"
    3/32
    and always useful is the 5/34 (Which is 2mm)

Nut drivers as above.

I can highly reccommend buying a set of Ground Allen Drivers, made from hardened Stainless Steel.

I have only ever purchased one set, the associated ones and that was about 5-6 years ago.

They have never rounded the ends, all types of screws round their heads first and (Should you ever need one) you can buy replacement tips.

Buy a good quailty set, and you will not need to buy another allen driver for a long time.

And it is a lot easier with Allen drivers than using Allen keys on a 1/12 car!!

Clive.

Section Moderator Mark Stiles has a level 1 reputation Mark Stiles's Avatar
    I've got the team magic ones, and find them great!

I find that if you round off a 1.5mm allen key screw (ie a pinion grub screw), you can often fit a 1/16" key into it to get it out (the 1/16" driver is ever so slightly larger than 1.5mm!)
    Yokomo - Reedy - LRP - Protoform - Horizon Hobby UK - Sanwa - Racer - RC Dynamics - SMD

cheers mark i will go with TM i think
    i do know all about good and bad tools, im a motor technician!!!who races at IC Nationals
    Last edited by Cartman; 02-08-2004 at 07:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread