PDA

View Full Version : Receiver Packs

michael ball
20-07-2004, 09:45 PM
I am new to 1/12th racing and would like to know if i need a reciever pack? i have a KO digital servo futaba hrs receiver and nosram evolution esc to go in an associated RC12L4. If i need a reciever pack wot cells do i need? and where can i get them from?.
cheers
m ball

rice98w
20-07-2004, 09:51 PM
reciever packs are becoming a bit of a foreign thing now, with 3k's they were a vitality... but with 33's its a bit hit and miss

i always ran one, religiously, purely because i prefered the way it felt.... and also my servo was a KO 947, consequently i thought better of the more voltage for the servo

your choice really, i have a contact for the cells if you need it, you need 5, and a switch.

cheers
matt rice

michael ball
21-07-2004, 09:15 PM
thanks for the advice

PDW
22-07-2004, 08:22 PM
... and I have never run one since using 3300s. My lap times are a result of my driving, not the miniscule difference in servo and speedo response time. Since one can't go flat with a 12-turn on 3300s, run time isn't an issue either.

You need two receiver packs, special wiring solution with two switches, separate charger to keep it topped up - tooooo much trouble!! And, if you find that the car is overweight without the receiver pack (most are), then you have to haul the extra weight around to the detriment of your lap times.

In '3300-land', you don't really need one IMHO. HTH :)