PDA

View Full Version : Rnd by rnd V FTD

oopster
13-11-2011, 08:31 PM
After looking at my points from the first round of the Carpet Masters, I understand how rnd by rnd works a bit better than I did before. With FTD, you're against the computer, but with rnd by rnd, you're against the other drivers and possibly the computer too. This made me think a little about driver ettiquette. Obviously, if someone is lapping you, you let them pass as soon as you're able, but if not, then can you / should you defend your position, like you would in the finals.

highspeed
19-11-2011, 11:51 PM
i'll make this simple for you the finals remain the same but the FTD is done by your best 2 Qual rounds added together for example -
Q1 - 20 laps
Q2 - 18 laps
Q3 - 21 laps

Q1 and Q3 would be your best they would be added up and turned into points after each round is completed against the others in your class and marked down as points just like the finals 1 point for 1st 2 points for 2nd and so on hope this helps you for round 2

oopster
20-11-2011, 01:08 AM
That wasn't the question I asked though. I'll try to rephrase it.

In FTD qualifying, you're not racing the other people in your heat, so you let the faster cars go, in rnd by rnd qualifying, you let the lapping cars pass, but do you fight with the cars that are on the same lap as you, as you would in the finals.

dazzler
20-11-2011, 01:25 AM
i would say no.more than in a normal qualy... its about finding a balance and also risking your own race... you would gain a better time by allowing a car through... than fighting for the same bit of carpet and knocking each other off

Mark Christopher
20-11-2011, 12:26 PM
i'll make this simple for you the finals remain the same but the FTD is done by your best 2 Qual rounds added together for example -
Q1 - 20 laps
Q2 - 18 laps
Q3 - 21 laps

Q1 and Q3 would be your best they would be added up and turned into points after each round is completed against the others in your class and marked down as points just like the finals 1 point for 1st 2 points for 2nd and so on hope this helps you for round 2
not sure if you run different r by r but off road your awarded points on where you finish in the round, so fastest gets 1 points and down, only time your timed run comes into play is in a tie, where the fastest driver gets the top spot

oopster
20-11-2011, 02:27 PM
this is what's bugging me you see. If I hold someone behind me who's on the same lap, I finish ahead of them, therefore scoring more points than them in a rnd by rnd situation, and I shouldn't be harming my own race by doing that, as qualifying in this format, is more about where you finish in your heat, rather than overall as in ftd.

Mark Christopher
20-11-2011, 03:34 PM
it standard etiquet to let the fast car past in any qualifying

John Robson
21-11-2011, 07:43 PM
It's quite simple if you can emagine each event only has one round instead of you being shown with the max laps for that round the top qualifyer gets 1 point, the rest are decending.
Next round is just the same as the previus, if you fail to finish you could end up with the bottom points.
Third round is done all over again, then after that round the best 2 lowest points are added together and listed in the overall places this determins the Finals, so it's the people who are the most consistant over 3 rounds that get the top spots, instead of the 1 run wonder people, the final are scored as before.
Don't forget the next round on the 4th December if you enjoyed the last one are if you want to try it, in the Warm.:p

John Robson

Mark Christopher
21-11-2011, 08:08 PM
john i think his question is should he race the drivers he is with to get a higher position or let faster cars through

John Robson
21-11-2011, 08:26 PM
I always say you are racing a computer when qualifying, so the more contact you have the slower your times will be, resulting in knocking you down the field in what ever means of qualifying you are in, just watch the top people it’s not always speed it’s consistent lap times lap after lap 6” away from track markers and having clean smooth lines around the track.
Finals is the only time you are racing, again the more contact you have the more likely hood of you ending on your roof or waiting for a Marshal who is to preoccupied in doing things other than marshalling as he would expect to be marshalled, so keep it clean no matter what qualifying you are doing or what final you are in.
One last thing, some people go faster with slower cars, reason and this is no way meant as a jib at anyone, people can control a slower car better hence they get a better times
Happy Racing