PDA

View Full Version : info needed asap

oakey4
16-12-2009, 12:16 PM
This is about my annsman charger i have it a deluxe x base, and wanting to do if it chargers lipo i have been through the settings it says it does but when you put it on to "say " 5000 and choose 3.7v thare is no where to tell the charger how many amps i want to charge it ie 4 or 5 amps, is this charger any good or will i be better off buying another like a ETRONIX AC/DC POWERPAL CHARGER / DISCHARGER / CYCLER, that i have seen on a web site, and also been reading about it in last months racer mag.....I put this in this topic as i thought i would get a quicker reply. and need to now asap

Ian_R
16-12-2009, 12:39 PM
I use my X base deluxe to charge Lipo's (3600/30C 7.4V Trakpower) via a Trakpower balancer and it works fine. If your charging just the one cell then you obviously don't need to balance.

What I have found is that one you have set the capacity you cannot adjust the charge rate from 1C, and the unit automatically sets the max voltage at 4.2V per cell.

Regards
Ian

oakey4
16-12-2009, 12:44 PM
So Ian , honestly do you think this charger i have will be ok, I dont want to buy lipo cells now and find that i need a charger aswell, but will buy one after the big fella has gone " santa".......................cheers paul

Ian_R
16-12-2009, 01:05 PM
I believe it will be OK.................based purely on my own experience. And I know of one other at the Crewe club who charges his two lipos on a Graupner balance charger or a Ansmann x base deluxe without balancing, alternating between the two..

However, I am sure that you will get other opinions, soon.

Regards
Ian