PDA

View Full Version : pc set up speedo's

missionjosh
12-12-2009, 01:39 PM
hia i am looking to make the change from brushed to brushless and am after a pc setup speedo the team wave one takes my fancy due to price and look of quality what do people think i also know of the tekin one which will be in my 12th very soon and is there a novak pc setup one
thanks josh

chris skidmore
27-12-2009, 12:56 PM
i asked same question about couple of month ago. i was told to keep away from tekin, and pointed me to the Speed Passion V2.0 GT, its all up and running in my car and cant fault the system the slightest.

its laptop compatible like the tekin, also you get a programmer box for last minute changes to suit track conditions

Chris ODonoghue
28-12-2009, 09:57 AM
not sure why you were told to stay away from the Tekin, it's a great speedo especially for 12th scale !

the GM is also pc compatible as is the KO (i believe)

TrevCoult
28-12-2009, 11:51 AM
I also have no idea why you have been told to stay away from the Tekin, it's a great little speedo, and it's free to update the firmware unlike all the others.

The number of them now being used at the 12th scale nationals pretty much shows how good they are.

The GM ones are also fast and popular, but they can be complex to set up and people often perform major surgery on them to keep the size and weight of them down for 12th scale.

Team Wave, Speed Passion and KO are also PC programmable as has been said earlier, and the Novak Kinetic should be generally available soon if it isn't already.

Trev

KRob
28-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Be sure to check how much room you have under your shell if it's for 12th.
The GM needs work to fit
The new Novak will be out soon but will be a tight fit (although when it arrives I'll give it a go!)
Team Wave is probably rather tight but I believe they are working on one with a lower heatsink.
Hardly anyone uses Speed Passion in 12th
The KO has not caught on here but seems to be good when you get the settings right
The Tekin however is a doddle to fit in a 12th car. Even the Pro version. And I do find the settings easy to use - not as comprehensive as the GM but many people I know with GM's haven't got a clue how to get the best out of them.

acurry
28-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Team Wave will fit in 1/12th fine I am using the Protype at the moment and this fits fine footprint is slightly bigger than the Tekin but no higher than the Pro version.

When the Production Version is completed it will have a booster fitted inside of the case so no need to run receiver pack for 1cell lipo.

the Rb12 is 1cell lipo ready for low turn motors 6.5-3.5 you need either receiver pack or booster ( until production version ready) but high turn motors 17.5-10.5 the unit can run without receiver pack or booster but it is recomended that you run one.

I have run a 10.5 in 1.12th with no receiver pack and no issues you can use the rb30/rb50 in 1.12th but you will need to cut the heatsink down on the outer edge to make it fit.

The RB12 case is the same size of the RB30/RB50.