PDA

View Full Version : Grip roll

Tim Fry
09-11-2009, 09:29 PM
Ok being a beginner to WGT was testing on Sunday and with the standard setup on my GenX10 had lots of grip roll. Using the control Lilacs at full height but was wondering where to start first? Side damper lube? Springs? or glue tyres?? Or other?

Thanks

Glenn Atterton
09-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Tyres / Foams work best from 2.1" (53.3mm) from reading the US forum. Can't help with rest as I have the BMI DB10R

Ran mine on full and part worn and it was like barge. Small tyres and that was it sorted.

jason
09-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Ok being a beginner to WGT was testing on Sunday and with the standard setup on my GenX10 had lots of grip roll. Using the control Lilacs at full height but was wondering where to start first? Side damper lube? Springs? or glue tyres?? Or other?

Thanks

Not CRC specific but things to reduce grip roll,

Smaller tyres, no bigger than 56mm
Move weight forward on the chassis
Softer centre spring
Stiffer side damping

Jason

Tim Fry
09-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Cheers guys

NiMo
10-11-2009, 02:02 PM
You indoor or outdoor?
Run widest track on front (outer holes), it reduces grip.

My set up:
I run outdoor with hardest spring (purple) on the front and 2nd hardest (green) on the tweek settings, also with a little pressure on the treak springs.

Also running with the front axle shafts trailing takes some of the initial nervousness away (which is where the car is likely to roll).
To get the wheelbase back you use the front holes (longest wheelbase).

Run the 5ยบ front blocks with 2 spacers behind upper arms (pushes arms forward), this gives better turn in and prevents the rear coming round on you coming out of corners.

As for side dampers, I just dip the inners in some thick grease (not sure of weight) and then let the outers (red tubes) remove the excess.

This is for a 2s 17.5 PF Corvette set up on the high bite Aldershot track using GRP Magenta tyres (as they come out of the box), and is good for 20 laps.