PDA

View Full Version : balancing a t bar car

Walden
09-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Hi All

Just going over to 1s lipo in my L4 and going to place the 1s lipo on one side and the electrics on the other side, whats the best way to balance the car? is it to weigh the lipo and then weigh the electrics, then whatever the difference is then put the weight on the lessr side?

Also once the car is balanced what would be a good weight to maintain is best kept around the 800gm mark or lesser or higher?

Thank you for your help:)

bs6ef
09-10-2009, 03:29 PM
you want to keep it around 700g if your running lipo

PDW
09-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Side to side balance is more important with LiPo. Weighing them isn't enough, as how far you place them from the centre of the chassis affects things too. A light weight at the edge of the chassis can have as much effect on balance as a heavy weight in the centre.

Modern cars have a little hole at each end to allow you to use balance buttons (http://www.teamirsrc.com/misc.html) for this purpose, but I don't think the L4 does. Try to rig something up that does the same thing, place the components on the car, and then move them around so they balance out. If my experience is anything to go by, you'll need some lead to complete the job.

It'll all work out in the end, so just persevere!! HTH :)

Walden
14-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Cheers guys thank you for your help :)