PDA

View Full Version : Black diamond Esc ????

yinkymoka
29-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Any one got any info on this Esc price availability, seller etc.

Mark Stiles
29-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Bloody hell, I might have known you'd be the first one in the queue! I'll buy it off you for half RRP in 3 months then!:p

Amc
29-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Manufacturer is overwhelmed with demand and will announce price and delivery as soon as he can? Keep an eye on CRC

PDW
29-09-2009, 09:53 PM
No point - in three months Tekin and GM will have sorted out new software and we'll be as fast as they (apparently) were. Still, can't wait for Vince to connect it to a 4-cell - black bin bag for Mr. Formosa, please! :D :D

yinkymoka
29-09-2009, 09:58 PM
No 4 cells for me ,if and when i can aquire one ,will be going in to my lipo car .Need some track time with lipo before the Snowbirds. Dont think the speed of the 17.5 will be too hot for me too handle ,unless Mr Winton thinks it will.

Amc
30-09-2009, 12:00 AM
No point - in three months Tekin and GM will have sorted out new software and we'll be as fast as they (apparently) were. Still, can't wait for Vince to connect it to a 4-cell - black bin bag for Mr. Formosa, please! :D :D

I have spoken to both these two guys and there is truth in what you say. Hop on the fast roller coaster. But we now have three front runners

TrevCoult
30-09-2009, 12:33 AM
I have spoken to both these two guys and there is truth in what you say. Hop on the fast roller coaster. But we now have three front runners

Part of a post by Tekin Team Manager Randy Pike on another forum.

"We're working on a better way to drive overall. I can't comment on how or what at this time for the obvious reasons...."

The software war has started....

Trev

jas1
30-09-2009, 12:45 AM
And I have just been talking in the gm camp and there something on it's way in matter of weeks;)

V8POWER
30-09-2009, 01:46 AM
mark i agree with what you say i would say third of new price

yinkymoka
30-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Its a bit rich coming from you, you jump camps more than me. But im a very close second.

PDW
30-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Pot... kettle... black...

(Draws up chair to enjoy handbagging...! Ding, ding; round 2...:D)

acurry
30-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Pot... kettle... black...

(Draws up chair to enjoy handbagging...! Ding, ding; round 2...:D)

Hey Peter, should be interesting at Stocksbridge on Sunday

yinkymoka
30-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Intresting on Sunday WHY ???????.

Glenn Atterton
14-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Black Diamond Esc

will there be one at the 1st National? ;)

exint2
14-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Will it make as much of a difference in 10.5?

Will the GM and Tekin S/w be a match or better

Or will the same people be in the A final because they are the best drivers??

Chris ODonoghue
14-10-2009, 07:47 PM
by all accounts, with lipo it'll be better, on cells though it's a different matter

CrashBangWallop
16-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Part of a post by Tekin Team Manager Randy Pike on another forum.

"We're working on a better way to drive overall. I can't comment on how or what at this time for the obvious reasons...."

The software war has started....

Trev

Sorry to jump on the end of this thread but I have just bought a tekin RS PRO with version 200 software installed, 198 is the highest available on the tekin site, can anyone shed some light on the settings for me.
Tried Tekin but they are remaining a bit tight lipped at the moment.

TrevCoult
16-10-2009, 11:55 PM
There are some RS setups for V200 on the Team Tekin Facebook page. That would get you started.

Besides that you could wait for part 2 of my RS article on www.carsrcracing.co.uk, if I can get it online before it is out of date!

Trev

CrashBangWallop
17-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Thanks Trevor will have a look in the Tekin forum and just read P1, Nice job.

I have got 2 Tekin RS series both in 'identical' World GT's 1 pro 1 not, If you are interested I can let you know how the 2 compare. But for now the RS PRO running the v 200 is a might bit more thirsty than the RS running v 198.

That or i was getting carried away with the turbo :D

Nearly forgot, My RS PRO when you connect to the hotwire says 'outside normal parameters' and i have been told this speedo has been programmed in 'the code' and not through the hotwire.

S.

TekinTeamMgr
24-10-2009, 03:03 AM
That "warning" is fine. There was new software out as of now that will correct this issue. Also here is an RS Setup page:

http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESCsetups/index.html

Amc
09-11-2009, 01:57 PM
http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?name=Shopping_Cart&file=product&c_op=viewprod&prodID=7719088

Just announced by CRC

Glenn Atterton
09-11-2009, 04:13 PM
not as good as other brands if I read it correctly,

it can only handle down to 10.5bl on 2s and 6 cell.

Amc
09-11-2009, 04:25 PM
not as good as other brands if I read it correctly,

it can only handle down to 10.5bl on 2s and 6 cell.

CORRECT and the 4002 ?????

Amc
09-11-2009, 04:27 PM
Look here Glenn

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?name=Shopping_Cart&file=product&c_op=viewprod&prodID=7719089

Glenn Atterton
09-11-2009, 04:37 PM
CORRECT and the 4002 ?????

Look here Glenn

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?name=Shopping_Cart&file=product&c_op=viewprod&prodID=7719089

:cool: now I could be tempted :eek:

PDW
09-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Look here Glenn

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?name=Shopping_Cart&file=product&c_op=viewprod&prodID=7719089Drake brake?? Do I need drake brake? :D :D

And at $350 (that's £220 :eek:) for the 4000, and a whopping $400 (£250, double :eek:) for the 4002, neither with programmable software updates possible. Can you imagine what price that's going to be once it gets to the UK? Methinks I'll live with the performance of my Tekin against this speedo (and the Black Diamond is clearly faster in 13.5/17.5) and wait for a free firmware update from the boys in red.

Personally I feel that, at this price, someone is taking the p**s. Just my 2p...

TrevCoult
09-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Drake brake?? Do I need drake brake? :D :D

And at $350 (that's £220 :eek:) for the 4000, and a whopping $400 (£250, double :eek:) for the 4002, neither with programmable software updates possible. Can you imagine what price that's going to be once it gets to the UK? Methinks I'll live with the performance of my Tekin against this speedo (and the Black Diamond is clearly faster in 13.5/17.5) and wait for a free firmware update from the boys in red.

Personally I feel that, at this price, someone is taking the p**s. Just my 2p...

Personally, I agree with you Pete, though I still think we'll see quite a few of them around soon.

Wim's got them up on the site for preorder if you want to see the real UK prices.

Trev

PDW
09-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Wim's got them up on the site for preorder if you want to see the real UK prices.

TrevTreble :eek: !!!!!!

Have just realised that this is not that much above the going rate for SXX, SPX, etc. Makes a Tekin RS at £55-ish less even more of a bargain!! ;)

Chris ODonoghue
09-11-2009, 10:11 PM
£55 ?

Glenn Atterton
09-11-2009, 10:30 PM
£55 ?

less than the Black Diamond

TrevCoult
09-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Wim's web site now seems to be running rather slowly. I wonder why ;)

My RS (not Pro as I'm not going to run mod) cost me £140 retail from a UK LHS. That's a lot more than 55 quid cheaper! OK it was another 30 quid on top for the hotwire but still a whole lot cheaper than a Black Diamond.

That said, people will pay a premium for the latest stuff if they want it enough, and I'm pretty sure it will do well, even at that price.

Trev

Chris ODonoghue
09-11-2009, 10:34 PM
less than the Black Diamond

ahhh !

PDW
10-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Treble :eek: !!!!!!

Have just realised that this is not that much above the going rate for SXX, SPX, etc. Makes a Tekin RS at £55-ish less even more of a bargain!! ;)Cheaper than going to Specsavers, Chris. ;)

exint2
10-11-2009, 09:35 AM
There was no UK stock of RS when I wanted one, so I paid the grand total of £114 inc shipping.

I weighed up the various options (and spoke to Per who makes the Black Diamond) but the fact is that with the incredible rate of development at the moment I wanted a speedo with updatable software - not firmware.
The GM is updatable but not by the user, the Black Diamond the same, I expect the new LRP/ NOSRAM will be fantastic, but completely fixed at a point in time (probably about october 2009)

Mark Stiles
10-11-2009, 12:24 PM
There are, IMO, perhaps only a dozen drivers who race at the BRCA nationals that would notice any difference to their lap times through running this speedo - and that's IF it is as good as reported.

It also makes me laugh that none of the people who have contributed to the last couple of pages in this thread are one of those dozen.

Like PDW, I'll stick with what I've got and wait for Crisis to get me a software update... if one is made available.

Rob Fitzgerald
10-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Guys

Can you please try and remember our polocies about links to non RaceChat Advertisers shops and vendors please.

Also remember this line in the Rules ...

"Therefore you must NOT suggest or openly condone the purchasing of items from outside the UK"

Thanks

exint2
10-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Mark - I think you are being a little uncharitable, I certainly can (as I believe all the contributors so far can) feel the difference in the latest generation of speedos compared to the older "fixed timing" units, especially running Lipo. So if we can feel the difference it will make a difference to our lap times.

Rob - as I stated- the unit I wanted was out of stock, I actually ordered it from a UK company who then took 6 days to tell me they didn't actually have one. At that point you need to look for alternative sources.

Rob Fitzgerald
10-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Hi Nick

Wasn't really aimed at you and I would have done the same ( I just wouldn't have said I had done so on RaceChat) - unless it was a Tamiya RC product as I always buy that from elsewhere for reasons that are obvious to all.

Lucky escape too - if it took 6 days to reply to a sales enquiry then imagine if it had been a support issue

PDW
10-11-2009, 08:54 PM
There are, IMO, perhaps only a dozen drivers who race at the BRCA nationals that would notice any difference to their lap times through running this speedo - and that's IF it is as good as reported.

It also makes me laugh that none of the people who have contributed to the last couple of pages in this thread are one of those dozen.Harsh - and unfair! :( Mark, I saw it in LV - it is that good. In 13.5 and 17.5 it was clearly faster on the straight by several feet per lap, and had more rip out of the turns. Nothing could come close, and it won both 13.5 and 17.5 12th classes by a lap. The only driver (without one) who could get close was Hupo in 13.5. Despite being the better driver by far over the top three, he only made fourth.

It wouldn't affect you, as in World GT (10.5) and 12th Mod, it never made the podium. but for mere mortals in 10.5 12th here, I guarantee that it will help, and that anyone will notice a difference.

Like PDW, I'll stick with what I've got and wait for Crisis to get me a software update... if one is made available.Ahhh... the "let someone else do the work" variation. Top job, young man - I let Jason B and Kev C do that for me!! ;)

Glenn Atterton
11-11-2009, 07:11 PM
just seen 12th version for £225 on pre order in the UK ;)

Team CRC
14-11-2009, 05:47 AM
..... The only driver (without one) who could get close was Hupo in 13.5. Despite being the better driver by far over the top three, he only made fourth.

Better driver by far!!

Come on Peter, you broke my heart with that comment. :'(

My car was perfect, my lines were flawless, who the hell is Hupo Honigl anyway? He is lucky I didn't run mod! :)

Alright.... you're right, my car was a rocket thanks to my little black box. But my lines were awesome, perfect, impeccable... well...... on the back straight anyway.

Now... I have to work on those pesky corners... we got a black box for that?

:D

Frank

Vesa Yli
14-11-2009, 09:00 PM
that's the spririt :D

PDW
15-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Frank, you're killing me laughing!!! :D :D

As for the corners, take lessons from Brian! ;)