PDA

View Full Version : Bodyshells - 2009/10 - Where are we?

exint2
25-08-2009, 02:35 PM
As we are about to enter September, has a decision yet been made as to the adoption (or not) of the new bodyshell regs?

If not when are we likely to know?

Russ
25-08-2009, 07:24 PM
BRCA Rules are all agreed by the committee and will be announced shortly

Mark Stiles
25-08-2009, 07:53 PM
BRCA Rules are all agreed by the committee and will be announced shortly

I knew that.:p

bs6ef
26-08-2009, 12:13 AM
Have there been any bodies submitted for approval yet?

Mark Stiles
26-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Have there been any bodies submitted for approval yet?

Just the new protoform one as far as I'm aware.

Mark Payne
27-08-2009, 11:33 PM
Bodyshells!

Argh!

Hate them. Love the cars. Dont care about the shells. Make a wedge with a wing on it and paint it white. So much talk and effort to fix a thing that was not broken.

But I appreciate it takes all sorts. I don't follow sports cars and I could not give a care if the thing I race looks like some other full size thing or not. Its all bobbins. Scale modeling mentality does not belong in what we do IMHO. If I wanted to be a scale model engineer I would make boats (in wood) or steam engines, or dolls houses.

Damm I can see where this is going. I have a stock of shells which I might not be able to use.... and I am going to have to make more shells! I lothe mounting and painting shells.

Grrrrrrr
(pours another glass of red and prepares full scale flame proof overalls.

Jim Spencer
27-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Bodyshells!
(pours another glass of red and prepares full scale flame proof overalls.

Or better still, when this has been done to death - and you have no idea of what is going to be 'announced shortly' post before you have the first glass of red ;)

James_Stewart
28-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Just the new protoform one as far as I'm aware.

...Now that these are here am I the only one expecting heats full of single colour paint jobs next weekend?

MarkB
28-08-2009, 09:02 AM
We trusted the 1/12th section committee to make the right decision, based on the availability of shells. I remain confident that this will be the case.

What we now need is a small mount of patience to wait until the bodyshell list is clarified. Then I suspect all will become clearer.

Open another bottle while waiting Mark :p

Cheers
Mark

Glenn Atterton
28-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Bodyshells!

I have a stock of shells which I might not be able to use....

you might not be the only one:eek:

hope common sense prevails and our old stock can be used up this season