PDA

View Full Version : lipo/nimh-brushed/bl?

emtee
26-09-2008, 04:07 AM
Hi all... ok here goes...

should I use my nimh cells with a BL motor or should I use lipo with my brushed motors...

I can't go lipo/BL at the mo' as my cash flow manager says bills etc are more important!!!(can you believe it...?)

Does anyone have an opinion or advice?

Mark Christopher
26-09-2008, 09:42 AM
lipo works with brushed just as well

Mr.B
26-09-2008, 10:08 AM
And Nimh's work just as well with BL.
And just think-----No more skimming.:)
P.

Rick
26-09-2008, 12:18 PM
May be worth checking what they run at your new club :cool:

emtee
27-09-2008, 01:32 PM
thanks for the comments guys...I'm obviously set up for nimh charging and my speedos dont have lipo cut off... I was thinking brushed and lipo as I could use a voltage alarm and go with a new lipo charger and not have the extra cost of lipo/brushless speedos and motors...would that still give my brushed an extra bit of oomph and additional run times...? :confused:

Oliver
27-09-2008, 01:50 PM
I'd personally say go for Brushless over LiPo. The brushless motors are quicker and easier to drive than the brushed motors that are in the same classes at present. Plus theres no motor work to do.

The only real advantage of LiPo is they require less care than NiMH. LiPos seem to have no advantage unless you go for the latest 28/30C cells which seem slightly better than a NiMH.

emtee
28-09-2008, 12:45 AM
hi 'n thanks for the opinion...At the mo' there seems to be a bit of controversy between BR 'n BL in the same heat, do you ever see BL having its own Class? or maybe a new class for lipo? Im not sure which way to go, might have to sit on this one for the time being...

tt01mark
28-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Go brushless to start with, as has been previously stated theres no maintenance. When your Nimh cells die replace them with Lipo.

emtee
28-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Go brushless to start with, as has been previously stated theres no maintenance. When your Nimh cells die replace them with Lipo.

Sounds like good advice... guess the card is gonna get a bashing after all...!:eek: