PDA

View Full Version : Club Racing.

DazW
13-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Hi,

I'm interested in getting back into racing (I stopped around 10 years ago now :() and looking at clubs in my local-ish area.

I've been on your web site and noticed that it seems very 1/12th orientated, but you do race touring cars.

Are there many touring cars at club nights? Do you run competitions for touring cars throughout the year?

On a similar note,
I'm sure I remember racing here around 11 years ago at a competition (just a single day)..
I definetely remember I popped a wishbone out after hitting the barrier - David Spashett was marshalling at the time, and just signalled up to me that it wasn't going anywhere quickly. :D
95% sure it was Chesterfield!

Thanks,

Daz.

TrevCoult
13-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Yes we race touring cars too. Depending on time of year and what events are on elsewhere we usually run two touring car and two 12th heats on a club night. Varied ability of TC driver from beginner all the way to National A finalists and (ex) champions!

The site probably seems 12th oriented partly because I do 12th myself and I can't put up TC articles if other people don't write them! That's a hint to those who could contribute.

Trev

DazW
13-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi Trev,

Thanks - was hoping that would be the case! :)

What classes do you run on club nights? Is there just one class everyone generally participates in? Mainly looking at LiPo and Brushless systems (either Pro-stock or stock) at the moment. Does this fall in with what you do?

I'll probably pop along one night before I get a load of new stuff.. to check everything out if that's OK!

Thanks,

Daz.

TrevCoult
14-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Officially, there is a 27 turn stock heat, and a 19 turn heat. In reality things are a bit more open than this, especially in the second heat. There's often anything between 19 turn and LiPo brushless in there, so if you wanted to run 10.5 brushless and LiPo or something similar there wouldn't be a problem.

Good idea to pop along. Check the web site first though, if there's any night we won't be racing it will be mentioned on there. We usually have a summer break but that shouldn't be until July.

Trev

PS. Or you could try a 12th scale:D

DazW
14-04-2008, 12:23 AM
Great - Sounds very similar to what I remember from club racing before - 27t and then anything else pretty much.. How many racers are in each heat on average?

Would try 1/12th, but I'm really into my 1/10th, so I'd just end up going back probably :)

I'll try to pop along next Saturday I think!

Thanks Trev.

Daz.

TrevCoult
14-04-2008, 10:18 AM
This coming Saturday will be short on 12th scales (so overall numbers) as the BRCA 12th Scale EGM is on the same day, so it won't look quite like the usual type of club meeting. It should give a decent impression of TCs though.

Oh, and there really doesn't seem to be a typical number of drivers per heat. Depends what other events are on around the country. Some weeks we'll get 3-4 per heat, sometimes 9!

Trev

Robfo
14-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Might be a bit short on TC's aswell as alot of us are at the BTCC at Stafford.

DazW
19-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Ah.
May leave it this week and call in next week :)

Thanks,

Daz.

paul.upton
19-05-2008, 10:02 PM
What time do you start racing on saturday nights and what time does it roughly finish

Paul

TrevCoult
19-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Doors open 6:30pm, racing starting around 7:30.

We aim to be out by 10:30pm, so racing itself usually finishes a bit after 10:00.

Trev

paul.upton
20-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks Trev, may pop down in the next few weeks, havent raced since the last 12th national!

Paul