PDA

View Full Version : Stock Motors

danielk
22-01-2004, 02:41 PM
Has anyone had any particulalry good experience with a specific make/model of stock motor in their car or have any recommendations....I have been looking at a fair few on the websites but if anyone knows of anything in particular to go for or stay away from I would be very interested.

Cheers in advance

Dave Treacy
22-01-2004, 03:03 PM
I would recommend the revvy motors over the hi torque ones.

Revvy:
Monster Horsepower
Matrix V10R
etc

Torque:
P2k
etc

DA_cookie_monstA
22-01-2004, 03:13 PM
I have used BRM's, no others as yet, the BRM gets a little hot (misses burnt her finger!) but it performed well, and didn't discolour the brush. It seems ideal for the tight indoor tracks in South Wales, although, on a big outdoor track, I don't think it would be much good.

For outdoors I got a Matrix V10, not tried it, but when spun up, it sounds lush...

There are a couple of things I always say when racing stock, if you buy one motor that you like, have two or three. This allows you to run two motors per meeting, ALWAYS taking the motor out you have just run, and replace it with the other for the next round, this allows the motor to dissipate the heat built up inside, so next time you use it, it feels fresh instead of going soft.