PDA

View Full Version : Steel MIP dog bone ?

fastfilli
23-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Is anybody els having the same problem as me pulling the pin out the bell end of the Mip drive shaft bone when using a spool or one way ?

I have the chance of having some steel dog bones made which should stop this problem.

Is this something that you people could make use of if the price was competitive and Quality assured ?

mr4man
23-01-2008, 06:43 PM
I use the V2 mip alloy bones with the V2 spool ( moorespeed standard equipment)
The v2 spool has floating cups to stop the chatter and driveshaft wear.
I have never had a driveshaft fail

Warren
31-01-2008, 12:56 PM
to be honest, i know about 10 people that use a cyclone, and i can't think of anyone that has broken a dogbone or axle in all honesty. if built correctly, the CVD's will last a VERY long time.

fastfilli
31-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Yes I agree MIP drive shafts are very good and last a long time!

Its not such a problem out door, its in door racing ( and my driving ) when you hit the guttering on lock with a spool in !

jay2006
31-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Yes i agree ive been running my moorespeed for a year now with mip dogbones and have never broken anything to do with the dogbone. But shouldn't speak to soon should i.hahaha.

leigh burton
18-02-2008, 09:41 PM
im now on my second dogbone. dont know why though

Sundon Snapper
29-04-2008, 10:48 PM
ill be buying a pair of mips after my driveshafts on the front end have started popping out after two race evenings!!

leigh burton
30-04-2008, 10:17 PM
right, ive spoken too a well know hot bodies driver.
clean the driveshafts with brake cleaner.
use a good lock tight on the grub screws (blue or green, not the red because you will never get them apart again)
you only need to tighten them with the supplyed allen key.
and i havent had any trouble since.

Warren
04-05-2008, 11:56 AM
in all honesty i have never had a problem with the MIP dogbones, i have broken a few, but its definately down to driver ability. I have got to say that they are definately the strongest i've used and definately the best for wear.

itchy
19-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Sorry to revive a old thread, but i think this is what you are looking for:

http://www.modeltech.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=761

I haven't tried it myself but im thinking to.

BTW althought the original MIPs are very good, they are clearly the weakest link in the front thansmission. The V3 spool is solid as rock, so if the crash is big enough, something as to give.

Using plastic outdrives (ie: with the TIR spool) will probably save the CVD, at the expense of the outdrives off course :P