PDA

View Full Version : hpi 1-12 car

danielk
11-08-2003, 01:30 PM
hello

I have heard that HPI make a 1-12 car....rs12g

Has anyone ever seen one/ got one/ had a bash with one.

They can be found on HPI japan site but not europe site so i'm guessing they are not readily available over here...Or does anyone know otherwise??

KRob
11-08-2003, 01:35 PM
The HPI 12th car was made a few years ago, and was basically a clone of the Associated.
Independant front wishbone suspension and a rear pod with friction plate and fore-aft damper.

I believe it had some success in Japan, but was never actually marketed in this country, although a few did find their way in.
Would probably be difficult to find one now.

g4t2
11-08-2003, 01:49 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure if it's still produced, although I do think Hara and co still use it. If you go to www.hpiracing.co.jp and go to the "team hpi" section then go to hara's section and at the bottom you can see his.

Nitram
11-08-2003, 05:39 PM
i race with someone who has 1, they are very smooth but they do not sell them over here, like i said very smooth and is extremelly sensitive too steering

gbevens
13-08-2003, 08:17 PM
Just had a look at the site posted earlier, looks a lot more like the associated than the old HPI I had. The old one was absolutely bomb proof (or Gareth proof!!) if I can't kill one no-one can, but was a brick out of the box, when I switched to the L3 the comment came from other drivers that the difference was obvious. I would have to have a look at how many (if any!?!) hop ups are required to get the weight down, the front axles (do they poke out too far?) but it does look like the handling may be more balanced now with the associated style front end.

Jonny Aird
13-08-2003, 08:37 PM
Heres a picture of Hara's rs12g.

http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/setup/hara/0209_12jpnat/02.jpg

rice98w
05-09-2003, 04:54 PM
thought you guys might be interested in this...lots of pics and useful info for building this guys "dream car"

:D

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17331&perpage=30&pagenu mber=1

there you go chaps!

Glenn Atterton
05-09-2003, 09:41 PM
Runtime and Volts blacked out on the cells. Bet there not over the counter jobs >:(

Megatron
06-09-2003, 12:44 PM
I tried to get my hands on one of those RS12Gs
First I tried to get one from HPI Japan but they will only sell direct to those that live in Japan.
Then I emailed HPI Europe and they told me that they would not sell it in the UK because there wasn't a big enough market for it.

Why can't companies just support the hobby rather than be concentrating 100% on sales targets and profits? Its not like they couldn't bring them in on special order for those that want one.

tomlau
06-09-2003, 05:00 PM
yeah hpi seem more concerned with monster trucks and RTRs, but i guess thats the stuff that sells.

supposedly a conversion will come out by the atsushi hara product range to convert the yokomo into what hara is currently running