PDA

View Full Version : Hop-ups for the RC12L3

Pro_3_racer
26-11-2003, 01:08 PM
hey guys

i looking to hop-up my L3 and i was wondering what are the best hop-ups for it and how many hop-ups are avaible for the L3.

i want to make it more durable as well as looking good.

thanks
Michael

KRob
26-11-2003, 06:37 PM
Just about the only thing there you can get (although not sure where from :P) is the alloy rear pod.
Makes the back end more rigid and has the axle support slightly lower so you can be a cheapskate (yes-like me before someone else says it ::)) and use the tyres until they are VERY small.
I think you can get it in silver or blue.

Is it worth it? Possibly.

I don't think there's much else you can get, nothing really worth having anyway, the car simply doesn't need it.

ccoomes
26-11-2003, 07:11 PM
Hello,

Got to agree with Krob,

The best option is the lowered alloy pod, for the same reasons as above.

I my oppinion of Associated you have two options,

Buy the rear pos and thats it.

OR,

Spend loads of money trying to improve an ready impressive car with a waste of money at getting near the weight limit as this is the only improvement that can be made.

I tried this for two seasons (With the old car about 4 years ago) to get near the weight limit, and it makes no differance to the car. Apart from a lot of time and money wasted heatshrinking the receiver, speedo, carving the chassis up to save weight etc.

Basically, if you want to spend money on improving a 1/12 car, research you thoughts and comments and take advice for racers.

Believe me, there is a lot of experince out there regarding 1/12 cars. They never cease to amaze me!!!

I will accept it if my adise is rejected as I have not raced a 1/12 for a hole season since 2000!!!

Clifford.