PDA

View Full Version : CRT truggy

boarder
12-01-2006, 11:39 PM
hello
ive just got my crt truggy,im just wandering what engines people are using in them? i was looking at the novarossi 28 but its a pullstart engine is there a verison without the pullstart or can anybody recomend a good engine in the 200quid range
cheers byeee

c0sie
13-01-2006, 01:13 AM
hello
ive just got my crt truggy,im just wandering what engines people are using in them? i was looking at the novarossi 28 but its a pullstart engine is there a verison without the pullstart or can anybody recomend a good engine in the 200quid range
cheers byeee

Wayne, welcome to the truggy section :)

There are two sides to this debate from what ive read.

One side will preach the ways of the .21 engine such as the S7II for example..well below your £200 limit. Youll have better fuel economy with a .21 but not as much bottom end torque as say a .28

Then you have the .28+ crew who rave about the likes of the OS.30 and the 528. Big, fuel guzzling monstors of torque.

In all honesty your best bet is to ask at your local track, wait for more replies here and see what the gernal concensious is :)

Hope that helped somehow:)

boarder
13-01-2006, 11:04 PM
hello
cheers for the reply.i think i may opt for the .21 engine and trade the 28 torque for fuel economy.i was just a bit worried the .21 would wear quicker having to run a slighty heavier vehicle than a 1/8 buggy
cheers bye

c0sie
14-01-2006, 06:07 PM
ive had a thought...scary i know!

if the track you race on has alot of varying height jumps..such as the American 'supercross' style tracks..youll probably need a bigger engine such as the .28 due to the torque..youll need that torque to get you up the jumps!

if your track is reletively flat like swindon where i race you probably wont need the torque as much.

it also depends on surface i guess...some surfaces are high traction and therefore require more power to get you going along.

its just a thought but i hope it helps :)

boarder
14-01-2006, 10:44 PM
hello
well i went opposite to what i said and got a novarossi 28 but it was a pull start version so gotta get a backplate now as it wont go in with pullstart on.
anyway i had a picco 26 which i have just run in on the local car park and tested the truggy and so far its looking good the steering is superb but me shocks am a little soft though and im gettin a little front tyre ballooning.ill see how it goes down the track tomoz
cheers byeeee

Neil McRae
01-03-2006, 03:05 PM
boarder,
Get part number:

ofna part 30480
Hong nor part A-48

Rob Fitzgerald
01-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Neil you need to read the rules in a real hurry !

Neil McRae
01-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Sorry Rob - just trying to be helpful :D I've read them now :D And paid you for full membership as I'm a right pain in the rear :D :D :D

Cheers mate!

Mondo
02-03-2006, 09:59 PM
hello
cheers for the reply.i think i may opt for the .21 engine and trade the 28 torque for fuel economy.i was just a bit worried the .21 would wear quicker having to run a slighty heavier vehicle than a 1/8 buggy
cheers bye

And CRT is only slightly heavier than the X1-CR and lighter than "some" buggies so I've heard
I am still undecided what to use in my CRT, BCRog is screaming OS, some owners are punting RB S7-II, so I am still undecided

Neil McRae
03-03-2006, 08:07 PM
vspec, its superb in this truggy.

devilisme666
12-11-2006, 02:41 PM
i am new to all this and dont know were to start, i need help ???????. Just got a hong nor truggy rtr new, been told so many ways of running the engine in can some 1 let me know witch 1 is best... 2 tanks ticking over ....3 walking then was told.. 4 tanks ticking ...4 tanks walking pace then 4 tanks 1/4 speed help please as every car i have had it already been done for me this is the 1st time ive had a new 1. Any help wood be very helpful ty

Neil McRae
14-11-2006, 12:11 PM
I'd follow the manual in the first instance. If you have any more doubts send an email to support@s-m-d.co.uk

devilisme666
14-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Thank you neil i will,