PDA

View Full Version : Self Adhesive PTFE damper washer rings

mark barord
12-11-2003, 03:09 PM
Back in around 92/3 I got some Self Adhesive PTFE damper washer rings(from Kevin Creaser). They had come from the States originally. They were stuck to the original plastic damper washers (on an Associated) and they gave the damper set up a very smooth and free feel. The best thing was that you did not have to run any goop on your damper which made things a lot easier and cleaner.
Anyway as you can probably guess I'm after some more! Has anyone got any idea where I can get some?

Roger Manwaring
12-11-2003, 08:36 PM
Mark

I believe I have some self adhesive PTFE tape which you can cut to shape and stick it to the washer rings. I will try and find it and leave it in my bag for the next time I see you.

mark barord
12-11-2003, 10:20 PM
Many thanks Roger. The next 1/12th Nats I am at is Wickham but i'll try to get to C.A.R.S before then.

PDW
14-11-2003, 09:53 PM
Mark,

I used to use the slipper clutch washer from the original Cougar slipper clutch - attach to the Associated bit with Evo Stick or Blu Tack. Maybe Tim has some hiding in a store somewhere near you?

MattW
14-11-2003, 10:04 PM
I used to use the slipper clutch washer from the original Cougar slipper clutch - attach to the Associated bit with Evo Stick or Blu Tack. Maybe Tim has some hiding in a store somewhere near you?

Think that is the same part still in use today!! I should have loads of those laying about!!!

mark barord
14-11-2003, 10:20 PM
Matt
could some find their way into an envelope?
Also don't I still owe you some money for the rec. batts?

MattW
14-11-2003, 10:33 PM
Mark

Yeah no problem, and yes i guess so!!

mark barord
11-12-2003, 08:55 PM
I have managed to answer my own question, Calandra make them!