Dean Osbon
02-07-2005, 10:54 AM
lets b avin your views
ive got L4 not convinced
tried hara con (seams to be that) :)
so whats best ??????????????????????????????? :confused:

KRob
02-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Well, from a value for money, spares availabilty, and user friendly view - it has to be the L4. And you know that the car you can buy is the car the top team drivers use.
I found the Hara to be very quick but was a bit too sensitive to track change.
The front end on the Trinity can be a bit hard to tune I've heard, but the car is quick.
The CEFX seems a little fragile at the front, and not enough tuning for my liking (cant' believe I just wrote that :p )
The Corally I'm not sure of, haven't driven the newer version but changing the wheels is a breeze!!
The Calandra uses an Associated front end (at the moment) and peple seem to be moving more towards the T-bar version rather than the side springs, bit more consistant.
Just my thoughts - but as an all round package the L4 is the best.

PDW
02-07-2005, 03:33 PM
I agree with Keith - for the new driver and occasional user, the L4 is the one to beat. However, for all the fun its given me, and because we have sorted out the tuning and the fragility, I'm voting for the CEFX C12.

nobby
02-07-2005, 03:40 PM
I HAVE (AS ANY BODY WHO KNOWS ME KNOWS) TRIED ALMOST ALL MAKES AND MODELS ON THE MARKET IN THE LAST FOUR YEARS TO TOP THE THEN L3.

I DO AGREE WITH KBOB AS I HAVE JUST FOUND THE CAR THAT IS AN INPROVMENT ON IT AND THAT IS THE L4.
WHAT A GREAT CAR.
IT'S STRONG,TUNABLE(BUT NOT TO MUCH)THE FRONT END IS A TRIED AND TESTED PART AS IT'S ABOUT 12 YEARS OLD AND STILL WORKS VERY WELL,AND OTHER COMPANIES HAVE USED IT.
SO THATS MY THOUGHTS.

P.S GLYN WARD DON'T YOU DARE SAY I TOLD YOU SO :o

Dean Osbon
02-07-2005, 08:15 PM
thanks for the input keep it coming
what type of lube do most use under rear plates ?
associated silicone red label at mo
car wont hold mid corner

mark barord
02-07-2005, 11:30 PM
Which ever one is being driven by David Spashett!
Serious answer now, I have put the damper tubes from a CRC T Fource on my L3.5 (L3 with a L4 front end) and it has improved the mid corner/exit of the corner.

acurry
03-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Nobby

"Glyn Ward Did Tell You" :rolleyes:

Team_Magic31
05-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Mine is the best it works for me.
its a Trinity Switchblade

KRob
07-07-2005, 12:21 AM
thanks for the input keep it coming
what type of lube do most use under rear plates ?
associated silicone red label at mo
car wont hold mid corner

Used to use Ass. diff lube but have now changed to Ass. Green Slime. Lasts longer before re-applying, which at a National meeting I will do every 3-4 runs (only takes a few seconds).
Make sure that the T-bars screws stay tight and also the centre damper post if using an Ass. They have a tendancy to come loose creating havoc with the handling.

darnold
16-07-2005, 11:54 PM
Haven't seen the Speedmerchant Rev. 4 mentioned here (this is what i run in the states). This car is super dialed, easy to work on but needs little maintenance and is sturdy. It is also about the same price as the L4 and comes 75% pre-assembled.

It comes with lowered rear pod plates so that you can use smaller rears (more money's worth but more importantly less sidewall flex for better corner speed on high bite tracks) and it also uses the old associated front end which only cost $4 (U.S.) for a pair of front arms.

The graphite is quasi-isotropic so it doesn't take a set and it has little front over hang so that it doesn't get hung up on bumpy tracks (also makes the front end more durable). It has as much rear bite as an L4 but seems to transition faster and rotate in the middle of the corner better for me on high bite tracks.

It also comes with a Big Ring "D" differential for smooth operation using 8 turn modifieds. Since it uses Associated front end arms, spings, steering blocks, screws and Associated rear differential, center shock and ride height parts then the critical parts are easy to get a hold of.

Here is a link to check it out. - [urlwww.teamspeedmerchant.com[/url]

I am not sure who the distributor would be for you guys over the pond but if one doesn't exist you could e-mail and buy direct from speedmerchant i do believe.

(BTW, the spring rear end concept was actually developed by Bruce Carbone, owner of Speedmerchant, when he was a partner with Frank Calandra i believe. When they split Frank kept the Carpet Knife name and Bruce created an updated design called the Rev. 2. i do believe...before my racing time...when i got in about 6 years ago the Rev. 3 was coming out and then in March of 04 Bruce released the Rev. 4.)

Bt
17-07-2005, 07:30 PM
I dont think there is a distrobuter for speedmerchant over here but i know someone who ordered it from the states, most of the US online retailers stock them. Not a bad kit for the price, it does look a bit square and dated, yet to see it go around the track tho.

darnold
18-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Bt - Car came out at the same time as the L4 and part of the "squareness" may be due to the design parameters for working in bumpy conditions (short front over hang) that sometimes come up at different venues. :D

On a sexyness standpoint i would say that the Hara Hammer probably takes the cake but of course we all want performance first right? :)

The modified setup seems to work pretty much everywhere over here and the stock setup seems to work pretty much everywhere over here as well. That's one of the neat things about the car, the fact that it is consistent in its performance (large performance envelope) so there is less tuning.

In all honesty just about EVERY 12th scale out now is good. :D