PDA

View Full Version : white wheels!

Mark Stiles
22-04-2005, 01:29 PM
This is just a bit of market research, so please post your comments.

Who would be interested in using the TRC front rims if they were available in white (instead of just black/yellow) on their own (ie without tyres mounted to them)

Also how much would people pay for a pair of front rims?

Personally I really like the TRC spoke pattern, and find they are stronger than the jaco front rims (the bearing seats don't crack when you crash). the thing that puts me off is the fact that they aren't available in white, so they don't match my paint scheme!

PDW
22-04-2005, 07:37 PM
Just use the Parma ones - strong, round, cheaper, white!! :D

No interest from me - I have a hatful of the yellow TRC ones. I hate running odd coloured wheels fron to rear, and so seem to have developed a duplicate set of tyres in both white and yellow!! I do agree that the TRC wheels are stronger, and they are the ones I refit with new rubber.

ccoomes
24-04-2005, 06:36 PM
Mark,

Have you not heard of the White wheel Company?

They produce White 1/12th Rims that have a Honeycombe cross section so they are light, but still retain their Stength.

Can't remeber who the best person to speak to about them, but there is a thread on here some where.....

I think Noddy has the information required!!!

Clive.

Mark Stiles
24-04-2005, 07:47 PM
Get with the times, clive! Have you not heard the latest? The white wheel company have some white suspension/motor pod components in the pipeline! Watch out for these at next years nationals! ;)

nobby
25-04-2005, 12:33 AM
I Think Its www.whitewheels.com?

But I Don't No If Its Still Going.

pete_slim
25-04-2005, 04:17 PM
This is just a bit of market research, so please post your comments.

Who would be interested in using the TRC front rims if they were available in white (instead of just black/yellow) on their own (ie without tyres mounted to them)

Also how much would people pay for a pair of front rims?

Personally I really like the TRC spoke pattern, and find they are stronger than the jaco front rims (the bearing seats don't crack when you crash). the thing that puts me off is the fact that they aren't available in white, so they don't match my paint scheme!

I may be showing my age here and get flamed from a great height, but 'when i was a young lad' we used white wheel disk stickers which were stuck on with pritt-stick.

I get the feeling that you may be disqualified if you use them and they come off, but they did look good at the time. :'(
I personally like the stealthy nature of black wheels. its a good job really cos corally arent likely to produce white ones soon!!.

it also disguises the direction in which your wheels are going - a bit of a bonus in my case cos they could be pointing anywhere :D

gbevens
25-04-2005, 11:44 PM
I Think Its www.whitewheels.com?

But I Don't No If Its Still Going.

Nobby,

Still going strong, although I think they've changed web address (I'll try to get it for you). I've heard a rumour that they're looking to sponsor a couple of drivers (not up to the standard myself but may be good for some of you)

oldgit
26-04-2005, 01:48 AM
As a sponsered driver of whitewheel. I have & used the all new "aero discs" two seasons ago. they maybe out on release soon. Will keep you all posted. ;)