PDA

View Full Version : What addertive did u use??

steven bough
19-10-2003, 11:44 PM
Did any one try the free addertive??
What did you think,is it any good?? ?????

XXXS Quality
20-10-2003, 09:35 AM
I was told the free additive was good for 5 mins and then went off.

Dave Treacy
20-10-2003, 09:43 AM
Kyle and I used the free additivive, it may or may not have contributed to our overall position ???

Glenn Atterton
20-10-2003, 10:55 AM
Corally TC2

Put it on f&r at the same time approx 30 mins before my heat.

Didn't wipe the tyres dry. Put the car on the track, gave it a squirt of throttle to remove excess and away I went. Didn't suffer any loss of traction front or rear during heats or finals.

steven bough
20-10-2003, 01:44 PM
i used TC2 just because i had used it at my local club(& it was the same carpet that they used this week-end) I used it the same way i used TC1 e.g did rears approx 30-40mins.Then fronts about 2 heats before i raced-approx10-12 mins.-And every thing was o.k,The thing i did do was to only sauce the fronts 60-70% just to try & tame the steering-has i feel that with the new addertive,i seem to get lots of front grip..

To the above post-did putting addertive on at the same time not give you over steer? i know Glyn W Apply's his the same way-& just turns steering down ???
But i would like to hear from some one who had sucsess with the hand out addertive???

v8 power
20-10-2003, 05:00 PM
free addertive was alright for six minutes then lost grip

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

B_Final_Bob
20-10-2003, 06:05 PM
I used the LRP stuff without any problems at all. I couldn't be bothered with the spray-on Orion stuff, and had forgotten a small brush to apply it with instead, I might use it at Plymouth though.

rice98w
20-10-2003, 07:15 PM
i used the lrp stuff because i forgot to take a brush... the spray top is far too random to apply it well.

chris clarke used the free adative to good effect... as did roger.

MattW
20-10-2003, 07:34 PM
Personally i used TC2.

It was good and had very good levels of grip, although generally i did think that it went off a little earlier in the race than the TC1 that i used last year. I did find a way round it but the car wasn't as quick in the early part of teh race, so swings and roundabouts!! As has been said before it is very early days ( i hadn't run my car in anger since the GP last year, let alone tried the adative!!) That said it was very nice that my hotel room didn't smell of Tractite Sunday morning :)

Dave Treacy
20-10-2003, 07:49 PM
Niether did the hall on Sunday morning. I sed to suffer from mega headaches on the Sunday, but this year it was great!

PUASHP
20-10-2003, 10:18 PM
I ran TC2 only because I had done some running with this before the event so I felt happier with it.

I found 50 minutes for the rears and 15 minutes for the fronts worked for me but if I pushed real hard I could lose grip at 7 minutes. It was better on the Sunday though.

I will try the orion next time out

Paul

gaz_d
20-10-2003, 11:49 PM
Tried all three over the course of the weekend.
Set my fastest times with LRP but the car felt better on TC2 and probably would have been quicker if it wasnt for my random driving. Orion was ok, grip stayed constant but wasnt as sharp in the corners as the other two.

steven bough
21-10-2003, 12:49 AM
I found the TC2 to be at its best around 4-6mins into the race,ive not yet tried LRP,i might give it a go at a club meetin..
Mat did Roger use it all day? It must be o.k if Chris & Roger used it ???

rice98w
21-10-2003, 07:33 AM
steve- they both used it all day... its all chris had i think!

i personally reckon there all the same and the "physche out" on adative is a trap far too easy to fall into.

steven bough
22-10-2003, 01:59 PM
Ive noticed a lot of people putting addertive on the Front & Rear at the same time Why???

And why do other people put it on rears 30-50mins and fronts 10-15mins??

Glenn Atterton
22-10-2003, 02:20 PM
Old habbits die hard maybe ?

Not having run a lot of 1/12 scale I apply mine, TC2, to all 4 together. I was in heat 4 and as heat 1 was called I would put the additive on. So approx 25/30 mins before I was due to race. Rears tend to get more than the fronts in terms of how much I apply and less on the fronts plus approx 60/70% coverage to the fronts. Rears would look wet, were as fronts would look damp. No wiping of the tyres with towel etc, used the track, just a squirt of throttle to remove excess and a short gentle drive to the loop to check fronts and rears for grip. I found the car neutral to drive from start to finish.

Jim Spencer
22-10-2003, 04:40 PM
Hi

Must admit I've always done both ends at the same time too.

Jim

acurry
22-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Hi

i used TC2 and Orion found both very similar apart from the Orion seemed very oily to me.
applied as norm 40 mins on rear 30 on front.
felt best runs were with orion but time will tell.

Alan

Roger Manwaring
26-10-2003, 11:04 AM
The applicatioon of the additive has a dramatic effect on the handling, just try racing without it!! Generally grip levels start low and gradually increase, normally when grip is low the car tends to oversteer but as the grip builds up the grip starts to transfer to the rear of the car causing understeer.

Consequently you will normally find racers apply either more additive to thr front tyres or if they are at full width maybe applying it ealier as the weekend progresess.

As Jim indicates he always applys his additive to all 4 tyres at the same time, just remember Jims car is set up for him. What works for him may not work for you!!

Regarding additive at Mac, I used the Orion all weekend as I have been far the past few weeks, I have tried all three and to the best of my ability and varying grip levels they all seem very similar, but it is difficult to tell.

The two most obvious differances are the grip off line and the time it takes for the grip to build up.