PDA

View Full Version : thunder tiger

nitroracer
24-01-2005, 07:34 PM
lets get things started in here who has thunder tiger cars and for u who dont what do u think about them that made u buy other car make

nitroracer
24-01-2005, 07:44 PM
i forgot to say i have a thunder tiger eb4 & mta4 and i think they are good stong reliable cars i also have savage thats just as good but i like my thunder tiger cars better

ws72sturacer
24-01-2005, 07:51 PM
lets get things started in here who has thunder tiger cars and for u who dont what do u think about them that made u buy other car make
can you speak english :rolleyes:

Crazy L
25-01-2005, 08:38 PM
I have Aan EB4 and an MGT, Had my EB4 for a number of years, great car. :cool:

Crazy L
02-02-2005, 11:21 PM
I can see this thread is really popular :confused:

Andy Taylor
16-02-2005, 02:28 AM
I can see this thread is really popular :confused:

What amazes me is that the quality of the car, at the price it is, must be putting people off.

In the midlands Winter series where 135 different drivers have taken part and the top 3 places are filled in 1st and 3rd place with and EB4 S3 it must show the speed and durability of these cars.

To date we have added only one hop up to our car and one spare due to the lousy mechanic (me ) most of the time it has been run BOG STANDARD and I defy anyone to get better value out of the box that that!

What is it that is putting people off these cars?? price too low?? Or worried about spares back up!?

niggs98
17-02-2005, 09:12 PM
perhaps they are scared of the change to a car that has zero flex and lets you know whats happenin all the time andy :D. mine is also standard in kit with no hop ups and is more than quick enough to worry the odd person who used to b ahead of me :rolleyes:

Crazy L
26-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Lots of people running S3s now, when i bought my S1, noone would even look twice at a Thunder Tiger, then i converted mine to an S2 and they more popular, now the S3 is out, they're super popular. Call me a cynic but "Bandwagon" is a word that springs to mind. :rolleyes:

Still a good car though, proves people are starting to take TTR a bit more seriously nowadays.

G.Man
27-02-2005, 01:36 PM
I think to be fair, its not a bandwagon thing, just that this car is a whole lot more credible than the previous cars... Having owned them as well, this car is sooooo much more precise, even the manual is superb..

I fly TT helis as well, and this car is a whole lot better engineered than the helis as standard, with the possible exception of the new 90SE

:D

moonmachine
05-04-2005, 09:16 PM
I have never ran TT before and have raced quite a few different other buggys. The real put off for me in the past has been getting hold of the spares and generally the look of the car but this seems to have changed. The initial attraction for me was the different approach to the engineering on the car having had 1/8 buggys from 12 years ago which were pretty similar to some now.
Personally the price wasnt a big issue but having paid considerably more in the past im really amazed at the value of this buggy.
The first time out with the car i wasnt that impressed but after some changes noted from the setups on the web and extremely helpful team members trackside i wouldnt change the car for any other. Awesome car

Andy Taylor
05-04-2005, 11:46 PM
Still a good car though, proves people are starting to take TTR a bit more seriously nowadays.

I think its more a case of Amerang taking the car seriously now.

I spoke to Amerang last season after seeing the potential of the car when Steve Johnson took it up 6 finals at Mold the last event of 2003 and the replies I got did not encourage me to switch. A car needs support from Local shops and track side BUT it also needs the distributer to realise at times we need spares in a hurry.

BUT now after ordering the car we needed spares quickly when we decided it was the car to have and they were through next day...need I say more?

We decided on choice between and XB8 and an S3 and after tossing a coin (well I cheated the S3 was 200 quid cheaper) I thought I would get one and try it! At that stage my lad refused point blank to run any other car so it was just as well we were turned down for a B team drive as I had already written a letter to explain why we no longer wished to be considered.

That is the status of the car as we see it, so far from jumping on a band waggon (but it stands to reason most people buy whats winning , freely available and cost effective) The last time we had a car My lad felt the same about was the B4 and that won the worlds last year.........watch this space!

Diamond
09-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Having built alot of cars in all classes for various people, I always remember the first car I build from a new manufacturer, for TT it was the TS4e PRO for a magazine review.

I will be honest I wasn't looking forward to it and I turned my nose up at the thought of build a TT car, but I could not have been more wrong. The quality of the parts is up there with the "luxury" car manufacturer as is the precision of how the parts go together and to further disappoint me, it drove well too!

I watched ws7sturacer's car at the end of last season and decided that was possibly the car to have, I had already clocked the bump steer problem when I inspected his car over lunch and identified a probable fix.

2 weeks ago when the police returned my car, I drove it for the first time for about 12 laps, I have not been disappointed again!

I have said this in print many times before "There are no bad cars out there anymore, only some are slightly better than others". The TT brand in my view is one of the better ones.

This is going to be our little secret, remember you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Let's hope the other drivers are still smilling when you lap them!