PDA

View Full Version : Shaft based XRay for Worlds?

scoyle
07-10-2004, 03:18 PM
I have seen rumours on the Internet of a shaft drive based XRay touring car being created for the Worlds? Has anyone else heard about this?

Robfo
07-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Do we really have to have a thread about some random rumour about a shaft drive Xray?
Does anyone actually care if Xray brings out a shaft drive car (which they have denied)? Is the Factory car that bad that they want to get rid of it, no so why bother wasting space on here by talking about it.

Can't we at least discuss rumours that are at least a bit interesting!
Did you know that the queen is really a lizard! David Icke told me so it must be true! :D

Dynamite Arrows
07-10-2004, 04:41 PM
Hang on Mr Fox, don't you drive an Xray yourself, have you got shares in Hudy? lol

Are you really against a shaft drive T1?, pretend the T1 FT has been around for 5 years virtually unchanged like the TC3, would you welcome a new car then ?

just wondering, you seem really wound up, it's not the first rumour so I suppose it's not news.... unless there are pics to prove it 'a la Losi? :confused:

There's no ignoring the fact that a new car performing well on it's debut especially at a World Champs can have a tremedous influence on sales to many racers.

The Losi XX at Basildon in 1993 sold by the bucket load after it finished second! (well we all already had RC10s :D )

scoyle
07-10-2004, 04:48 PM
I actually drive a T1 FT and think it is the best car I have ever driven!! I would actually be a bit annoyed if it were true (with such a good car having only been out for a short time period in the form of the FT).

It just strikes me that a number of manufacturers bring out new cars hoping to win the worlds and so sell them by the bucket load. Hence my question - I'm not rumour mongering honest :o

Robfo
07-10-2004, 04:52 PM
:D The thing about the rumour is that its just a rumour and thats all, its not worth discussing.

Although :p if there was a shaft drive car from Xray i'm sure it would be very good, i just can't see them bringing it out so close to the release of the Factory kit (especially because most of the customers in the US have'nt even got their's yet, it would be a kick in the teeth for them to finally get their cars to them and then bring out a new car straight away. Its the sort of thing that would make people never buy Xray again.) Xray are able to make the highest quality products but there customer service (cough centrepoint, rc america cough) leaves alot to be desired.

Ah but what won in 93! Yes thats right the RC10 :D (i had a worlds kit back in the day :D)

Dynamite Arrows
07-10-2004, 05:11 PM
I had a Team kit, cheapskate me just putting the worlds wishbones on.

As Ben Cosgrove said before moving to Tamiya then moving back to Xray, the current car is easily on the pace as other cars at the moment.

Regarding close releases of cars superceding one another, I remember buying my Schumacher Cougar 2 Works Team, and then a few months later (if that) the Cougar 2000 came out, a fair bit of work on the Works when the later car was already well on the way. Of course there were updates available for existing C2 owners

oh I'm off topic, I'm sure there will be a shaft conversion available for the T1 when it does come out (lol, just teasing!)

I'd be interested to see how the shaft drive car goes though, it's running round in my head with normal T1FK suspension - the Rolls Royce of shaft drive tourers etc etc

I adore those flash intos for new Xray cars on their site, build a car just for that, they're coool! :D

Frankie
08-10-2004, 04:16 PM
PS: Visit the XRAY home page next week to get a scoop on new project coming out !!!

this was from the xray email news letter???

Dan Reynolds
08-10-2004, 06:19 PM
PS: Visit the XRAY home page next week to get a scoop on new project coming out !!!

I hope its a 1/12 pan car, I’m debating getting a new one, the only thing holding me back is I don’t know if Xray have one in the pipeline, if they did I would be straight on the pre-order list

ldebackker
08-10-2004, 06:32 PM

yeah, I also got that. wonder what it will be.

Xray Griff
09-10-2004, 10:19 AM
yeah, I also got that. wonder what it will be.
Probably of excelent quality, but 6 months late!

al
10-10-2004, 06:14 PM
This might aswell be the new xray dreaming thread, rather that rumor of new car. although i wouldnt say no to a new car :D joking